Friday, June 5, 2009

Changes

It's scary, the things you think and feel when you realize you have a child with a disability. I knew the minute I looked at Olivia that she had Down syndrome. I was scared and selfish. And I hoped beyond hope that I was wrong.
It didn't take long to realize that she was meant for us and we were meant for her. She has made me the person I am today. Seems strange that in just a few months of life, she has given me years of wisdom. I thought I was supposed to teach her? Hmmmm...
I would never wish the unexpected and seemingly bad upon anyone. But I will always wish for people to share the same view on life that I now posses. I feel so lucky to have been given this gift called perspective. Where before I saw trees, I now see trees with vibrant greens, birds flying overhead, blooms that breathe new life. Details. Importance. Love. Hope. Beauty. My family. Olivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment